The following attributes are what I have deciphered to be the most sought after qualities to attain in pursuit of the integrated mind:
- Surrender: An openness to the need for growth and change, and a willingness to engage a healing process.
- Co-Journey: Learning to approach life as a collaborative effort through which we depend upon one another. Letting others “in” and allowing them to help.
- Release: A process of giving voice to all that has been repressed/ suppressed in our lives.
- Revelation: The attainment of new insights regarding our lives and ways of thinking, feeling, and behaving.
- Renewal: The “taking in” of new learning in a manner that creates meaningful and enduring change within the individual.
- Authenticity: A strong sense of “self” and the strength to be that well, regardless of the thoughts/opinions of others.
- Actualization: Confidence in one’s unique talents and abilities. A “force to be reckoned with.”
- Adaptability: The ability to change and redirect based upon environmental factors and other sources of information. Openness and willingness to change.
- Resilience: An intensity that pushes through difficulties and refuses to accept defeat. Known colloquially as “Grit.”
- Transcendence: “Rising above” circumstances and considering the “higher meanings” of situations and happenings.
Dr. Michael E. Ludwig, PhD